Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Megamind

I suspect that part of Marys plan to become our daughters favorite parent involves making me take Abigail to her vaccinations. It was a good plan, a plan that came to an end this morning. She's off work and I'm under the weather, so bad cop Mary time. She was the one getting  the “what the hell are letting them do to me ” look! See Abby, this isn't my idea!

When Abigail goes in for her vaccinations they weigh and measure her and give us a chart tracking her growth. She's been lower than the third percentile for weight at our visits.I tell her this is normal( you were early, those other babies are not better than you) but I can tell it bothers her.

Thankfully, Tank continues to roll along. She now weighs 11 pounds 14 ounces, a healthy gain over the last month.This puts in the 6th percentile for weight. She says she has the other babies in her sights. I approve of her goals, not her rhetoric.

This visit they measured her head size. Her head is in the 50th percentile. Her weight is in the 6th, her head size in the 50th.  I find this amazing.  If this continues her head will weigh 47 pounds by her fifteenth birthday.

Mary doesn't ask the same questions I do. She asks the obvious questions. When do we switch to solid foods; whats going on with that belly button; is it normal that my daughter thinks my husband is the bees knees? All fine questions, but different than what I tend to ask. After our first vaccination I asked if bigger, fatter babies would protest against Abby because she was in the 1 percentile for size. The nurse just looked at me, wrote something on the chart and walked out of the room. I'm pretty sure she wrote "GREAT DAD!".

My first thought when I heard about her  head size was "great, our baby has a big brain!" The second thought was" When does her body catch up, because this sounds like the back story for a super villain. Is there anything I can do to prevent a life of super crime?" I’ll ask the nurse next month.

IM A GREAT DAD!

I AM FULL OF BRAINS!

No comments: