Thursday, November 17, 2011

Baby Island

I left the house today! Huzzah! Marys folks are in town and agreed to watch Abby so I could go meet my coworkers for lunch. It wasnt a hard sell.

Lunch was great, very nice to see everyone. It was like I had escaped baby island. Can I make a smooth transition back into society? I felt like Tom Hanks at the end of castaway. Or maybe Brendan Frasier at the start of Encino Man.

I've been home for three weeks and before today I'd  left the house once, for grocery shopping. It feels like I've been out of circulation for longer than that. Im starting to get a touch of cabin fever, devolving into some sort of sloppy, baby talking diaper monster. 

Marys parents took her for a while yesterday and I had a moment of clarity. I realized that the phrase I say most during the day is "is your didy dirty, pumpkin?". Not good. Worse? My terrible baby voice is slowely turning into terrible baby gibberish. Abigail has started making baby noises, which is fun. Cooing is much better than cursing. Unfortunately, I've starting cooing back. We have long conversations in gibberish. Waaa oooooh? Thats a good point. Let me just say: oooooh waaaaa. And in summation:gaaaaaawooooookaaaa.

I'm now aware that my choice in background noise has  become a problem. I have terrible daytime tv on all the time. I dont actively watch but Its seeping into my brain anyway . The song I sing Abby when I'm trying to calm her down is that terrible education connection jingle. I sang it to her for three days before I realized what I was doing.



If I dont turn the tv off Im going to be talking to Abby about consolidating her debt and class action mesothelioma lawsuits.

I need to get out more.

No comments: