Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Management

Listen up baby, there are going to be changes around here. No more coddeling. No more yelling. No more babying, baby.  You need to know whos in charge, baby. Me. I'm in charge. Meet the new boss, not same as the old boss.

Oh yeah? Think youre in charge?
Check my diaper.
Dance monkey dance.














I started my baby leave this week. A day and a half into my leave and so far my attepts at changing the culture around this place have failed.  I'm off for two months, which at this point is really damn intimidating. I. Am. Already. Tired.

When I spoke with Mary about the leave I talked about the books I wanted to catch up on, the work I could get done. I mean, the baby sleeps right?  Marys derisive laughter struck me as odd at the time. Now I understand.

Bottles. Diapers. Formula.So much of everything, everywhere. To be cleaned, filled, made, washed, thrown away, burned. It turns out when the baby sleeps I need to get things ready for when the baby is awake.  Who knew!

No comments: