Friday, October 28, 2011

Photography with crazy people

Mary has been wanting to take a picture of Abby in her pumpkin hat next to a pumpkin. I married a crazy person so the whole process was very involved. Outfit changes, lighting equipment, backdrops.  When I proposed an alternative, "hey why don't we just sit her next to a pumpkin and take the picture", I was told that wouldn't work. When I asked why we needed a backdrop to take a picture in our living room I got a look that suggested my input was not wanted and maybe I should shut my stupid face.

The first try was an abject failure. I am a lousy assistant. I couldn't figure out how to sit her up, I couldn't figure out the backdrop. My heart wasn't in the project and when I suggested we put the hat on the pumpkin and photoshop the rest I was summarily fired.

The next night Mary recruited a more enthusiastic volunteer, my mom. Mom came over with some pillows, additional lights, and a can do attitude. She was there to figure out the backdrop, the Tank propping and the lighting. Operation Pumpkin Cheeks was a go.

I left Abby with these crazy people, took the dogs and retreated to the basement. When I came back up to check on things, I was greeted by this scene:

















They wouldn't go into details but attempts to manage the baby, backdrop and pumpkin obviously failed miserably.

I never thought to wear the backdrop as a snuggie and become the studio. That's why I was fired, inability to think big. Also, my bad attitude and drinking on the job.

Pictures are taken, outfits are changed. When Mary wanted a slightly different angle and the backdrop wasn't in the shot, they figured it out on the fly. Brilliantly.


















I cant wait to see what they come up with for potty training.

No comments: