Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dogs! Babies! Rainbows!

We have two dogs: Molly, a black lab mix who's very sweet and kind of dumb, and Maddy, a pure bred cocker spaniel who is smart and evil.

Good dog, evil dog

















We tried our best to prepare the dogs for Abigails arrival. Mary brought blankets and clothes home so they could get used to her smell. I started waking up three times a night and practiced pacing in the hallway.

They're both  interested in her, but in different ways. Molly is protective and sweet. When I feed Abby, Molly lays at my feet and watches. When Abby is screaming Molly gets nervous and looks at me as if I'm waterboarding her and enjoying it.

Maddy feigns interest so she can get close then steal pacifiers and socks. She'll sneak up, lick Abbies head, then steal whatever is available. The dog cons us into thinking she's full of love then robs us blind. I look forward to the day Abby can retaliate with ear pulls and eye gouges and figure four leg locks.

When Mary was pregnant I read that sounds Abby heard in utero wouldn't bother her once she was born. This has turned out to be true. Shes not bothered by the dogs incessant barking. She's not bothered by my yelling at the TV, my snoring or sleep cursing. Fun fact of the day.
Abby looks at her dumb friend

No comments: